Thursday 8 May 2014

There never seems to be enough hours in the day to blog! I have noticed a wonderful magical element in the classroom. The board, be it black or white, is associated by pupils with being wihin the domain of  the teacher.

Students love to come to the board in my lessons, which is because I use it to help to learn and interact with English. For instance, if I ask  a group to write whilst sitting at their desks, they become possessive of the work, wrapping their arms around the paper in a protective manner.

But when I bring them to  the board to write there is a transformation. They enjoy working at the white board, and like to have their work corrected or supplemented, in such a way as to prompt them to see the differences straight away, and in a more constructive manner than having their written paper marked with red ink, which is something I avoid by using green ink as much as posssible.

This method seems to be particularly effective with adults in marrying together their writing skills to the way in which they speak, and vice versa. Now off to work:)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment